70. Doris Lessing and Canada
Thursday, 8 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 223, VCC West
Program arranged by the Doris Lessing Society
Presiding: Cornelius Collins, Fordham Univ.
1. “‘The Limits of Autobiography’: Doris Lessing and Margaret Laurence,” Alice Rachel Ridout, Algoma Univ.
2. “On Domestication in Marian Engel and Doris Lessing,” Dorian Stuber, Hendrix Coll.
3. “The Anonymous Wisdom of Lessing’s Writer,” Sookyoung Lee, Univ. of California, Berkeley
605. D. H. Lawrence and Doris Lessing: New Perspectives
Saturday, 10 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 116, VCC West
Program arranged by the D. H. Lawrence Society of North America and the Doris Lessing Society
Presiding: Nancy L. Paxton, Northern Arizona Univ.
1. “Insanity, Gender, and War in Doris Lessing’s and D. H. Lawrence’s Fiction,” Jill Franks, Austin Peay State Univ.
2. “‘Unlived Lives, Unborn Children’ in D. H. Lawrence’s Chatterley Novels and Doris Lessing’s Alfred and Emily,” Nancy L. Paxton
3. “Decentering Trauma: The Narrative Aesthetics of D. H. Lawrence and Doris Lessing,” Tonya M. Krouse, Northern Kentucky Univ.
The Annual General Meeting of the Doris Lessing Society will be held at 8:45-10:00 pm on Thursday, 8 January in 115 VCC West, Vancouver Convention Centre during the MLA Convention.
All are welcome. Come and join us!