70. Doris Lessing and Canada
Thursday, 8 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 223, VCC West
Program arranged by the Doris Lessing Society
Presiding: Cornelius Collins, Fordham Univ.
1. “‘The Limits of Autobiography': Doris Lessing and Margaret Laurence,” Alice Rachel Ridout, Algoma Univ. (Abstract: Ridout MLA 2015)
2. “On Domestication in Marian Engel and Doris Lessing,” Dorian Stuber, Hendrix Coll. (Abstract: Stuber MLA 2015)
3. “The Anonymous Wisdom of Lessing’s Writer,” Sookyoung Lee, Univ. of California, Berkeley (Abstract: Lee MLA 2015)
Saturday, 10 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., West 116, VCC West
Program arranged by the D. H. Lawrence Society of North America and the Doris Lessing Society
Presiding: Nancy L. Paxton, Northern Arizona Univ.
1. “Insanity, Gender, and War in Doris Lessing’s and D. H. Lawrence’s Fiction,” Jill Franks, Austin Peay State Univ.
2. “‘Unlived Lives, Unborn Children’ in D. H. Lawrence’s Chatterley Novels and Doris Lessing’s Alfred and Emily,” Nancy L. Paxton, Northern Arizona Univ.
3. “Decentering Trauma: The Narrative Aesthetics of D. H. Lawrence and Doris Lessing,” Tonya M. Krouse, Northern Kentucky Univ.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of the Doris Lessing Society will be held at 8:45-10:00 pm on Thursday, 8 January in 115 VCC West, Vancouver Convention Centre during the MLA Convention. All are welcome. We will be welcoming new President, Cornelius Collins and electing a new Vice-President. Nominations are encouraged.