Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Try consulting some of these links. Alternatively, you can always contact us if you’d like to make a suggestion for this site specifically.
For more on Doris Lessing:
Lessing Obituaries online
- November 2013: The Guardian
- November 2013: The Guardian
- November 2013: The Economist
- November 2013: The Telegraph
- November 2013: The New York Times
- November 2013: NPR
- November 2013: BBC
- November 2013: Independent
- November 2013: The Washington Post
- November 2013: CNN
- November 2013: Daily Mail
- November 2013: Los Angeles Times
- November 2013: The Times
- November 2013: Urban Times
- November 2013: South Asia Citizens Web
- November 2013: Novelist Doris Lessing Dies Aged 94
- November 2013: USA Today
- November 2013: The Scotsman
- November 2013: The Sydney Morning Herald
- November 2013: World Socialist Web Site
- April 2012: interview for the radio program Woman’s Hour (BBC).
- January 2009: interview by Erica Wagner for The Times.
- July 2008: interview by William Lee Adams for Time Magazine.
- July 2008: interview by Deborah Solomon for The New York Times.
- April 2008: video interview by Professor John Mullan on Nobelprize.org.
- April 2008: interview by Nigel Farndale for The Telegraph.
- March 2008: interview by Rachel Halliburton for Time Out.
- October 2007: transcript of interview by Tom Sperlinger for The Reader.
- October 2007: interview by Xan Brooks for The Guardian.
- October 2007: interview by Lisa Allardice for The Guardian.
- August 2007: interview by Harvey Blume for The Boston Globe.
- January 2007: interview by Lisa Allardice for The Guardian.
- October 2006: interview by Hillel Italie for the Washington Post.
- January 2006: interview by John Freeman for the San Francisco Chronicle.
- February 2005: interview by Gavin Esler on HardTalk Extra (BBC).
- January 2003: transcript of interview by Bill Moyers on NOW (PBS).
- 2002: interview by Lisa Appignanesi for Bookforum.
- October 2001: transcript of interview by Jennifer Byrne on Foreign Correspondent (ABC).
- September 2001: author chat with James Naughtie for the radio program Bookclub (BBC).
- September 2001: interview by Barbara Ellen for The Observer.
- August 2001: interview by Fiachra Gibbons for The Guardian.
- August 2000: transcript of Barnes and Noble author chat (Ben, In the World).
- September 1999: interview by Ramona Koval for the radio program Books and Writing (ABC).
- June 1999: transcript of interview by Jonah Raskin for The Progressive.
- January 1999: transcript of Barnes and Noble author chat (Mara and Dann).
- February 1998: transcript of interview by Harvey Blume for The Boston Book Review.
- October 1997: excerpts of an interview by Gail R. Shapiro for In Word.
- April 1996: interview by Helena de Bertodano for The Daily Telegraph.
- 1993: interview by Ivan Tyrrell for The Therapist (now the Human Givens Journal).
- June 1988: interview by Don Swaim for Wired for Books – must be downloaded.
- 1988: interview by Thomas Frick for The Paris Review.
- July 1982: interview by Lesley Hazelton for The New York Times.
- May 1980: interview by Michael Dean for the radio program Modern Writers (BBC).
- October 1973: interview by Joyce Carol Oates for the Southern Review.
- No date: interview for HarperCollins Canada.
Other literary societies of interest:
They have also begun a book club for Lessing’s The Fifth Child (1988).
The following are other MLA allied organizations which the Doris Lessing Society has worked or will work with in the near future:
- The Margaret Atwood Society
- D.H. Lawrence Society of North America
- The International Virginia Woolf Society
- Simone de Beauvoir Society